Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Mommycation


I love being a mommy and I love that I don't have a traditional 9-5 job and am so lucky to spend a great deal of time with my Munchkin. I love every bit of my life and mommyhood, even the not so wonderful things like sleep deprivation, teething (my least favorite thing ever!), and human body excrement to name a few...

One thing I do love is what I affectionately call the mommycation.  


A mommycation is the 10 minutes where you either:
A) pick something up from the grocery store by yourself (see picture lol). 
B) drive alone in your car to pick up Munchkin from your mom's house and can listen to whatever you want however loud you want to. 
C) a coveted special moment of rare and self indulgent pampering.

This last Wednesday, the stars aligned and I actually got to enjoy BOTH B and C. A miracle.  Absolutely a miracle!

I, as some may know, have a passion for loud (I mean LOUD) rap music.  I love to bump some 2Pac and Biggie and Nas and Eminem and Lil Wayne and Jay-Z in my car.  That passion, obviously, doesn't coincide well with a baby in the backseat.  On the days when I have an empty carseat, all bets are off.  

So, on Wednesday I got to get my hair done and I got to drive by myself to the salon and to school! 

A mommycation is usually so splendid and is rare that each moment is cherished like a little sparkling and wonderful diamond!  A moment to sit (alone) and decompress...priceless!

This mommycation was successful and will hold me over until my next mommycation....sometime in January! 


2 comments:

  1. Wait, I have not seen this new hair!!! I demand a photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes! Sometimes I am in the car alone (usually to go teach), and I have a moment of panic that I've forgotten baby! Lol. Thankfully daddy lets me go to the gym once a week for a mental and physical break. I feel great afterwards!

    ReplyDelete